Sunday, November 1, 2009

Coffee, Sunday Times and Kids?

I was all excited this morning to wake up and open my door and see my Sunday Times laying there. I recently moved into my new house and last weekend at the Marine Corps Marathon Expo I decided to sign up for the 50% discount off the Sunday Times. The Sunday Travel and Style sections have always been my guilty pleasure, between the exotic locations and travel deals in the one to the fashion articles and wedding announcements in the later. I decided to head to my new local coffee shop on the Hill and drink my coffee and eat what Washingtonians think is a bagel, flipping through and picking the articles I am interested in. I notice that the person across from me is silently reading his Times as well. The normal crowds walking in and out do not cause disruption, until a family of four decides to sit at an open table in between all of us solo readers when there is a whole section in the back wide open. While the parents of these noise makers sit and continue to eat and read the Post, all of us annoyed readers make eye contact with one another, as the two young daughters run around the table and talk excessively loud about nothing. Parents of small children need to understand one thing, no one thinks your children are cute angels except you and when people tell you they are, they are lying. I left my once reader friendly chair and headed home with my coffee and Times, half unread, only to enter my home and realize all that needed to be accomplished this Sunday. Hopefully I will have time this evening to sit down and read the rest while watching the World Series. There is always next week to try again to forget reality and get lost in the Times.
Why can’t more people just own a dog?

0 comments: